There are kinds of classifications to molds. And tire molds cover retreading tire molds and new tire molds. Retreading molds include hot retreading molds and cold retreading molds. Based on materials, there are steel molds and aluminum molds. And under the radial and aluminum molds, various classifications come into being based on techniques.
A. Main Classification
1. Segment mold
It is different from two-piece mold, not a whole one, but consisting of a certain quantity of segment molds. It is vertical opening method. Segment mold is mainly used in complicated pattern tire, like the radial tire.
2. Two-piece mold
Two piece mold is a whole one with horizontal mold opening method. It is mainly used in simple pattern tire, like bias tire.
B. Tire mold classification
1. Radial tire mold
2. Bias tire mold
3. Solid tire mold
C. Classification based on materials
1. Radial mold
2. Aluminum mold
D. Classification based on technique
To make sure the working life and quality of the mold, it is suggested to maintain the mold in using and storage.
1. Assemble and disassemble with care, not hit the mold.
2. Pattern with the side plate are used in pair, so store them in pair to make sure the die compound precision.
3. Clean the mold before storage and paint the sliding surface with antirust additive. And restart before cleaning it with gasoline or cleanser.
4. Wear plate is the wearing part. And do not leave dirty things on it and keep the plate clean.
5. Do not paint grit frequently.
All the molds can be customized on clients’ requirements.